NW FET Colleges Lekgotla, 21 - 21 July 2011
ORBIT FET College - Rustenburg
The focus of the recently held NW FET Colleges Lekgotla was to gain a better understanding of the FET College Sector. Presentations made during the Lekgotla* are now available for download herebelow:
DAY ONE - 21 JULY 2011
• Purpose of the Lekgotla [presentation]
• Broad context regarding the history and future of public FET Colleges [presentation]
• Implications of the King III Report for College governance, with special reference to the roles and responsibilites of governance vs management [presentation]
• Overview of the link between the QCTO and FET Colleges to advance the goals of NSDS III [presentation]
• Improved relations between Industry and FET Colleges linked to perceptions, challenges and operational implications [presentation]
• Overview of the link between the Skill Development Branch - DHET, and the FET Colleges to advance the goals of the NSDS III [presentation]
• Improved collaboration between FET Colleges and SETAs to achieve NSDS III objectives and establishing an NW Provincial SETA/Colleges Forum [presentation]
• The need for a unique staffing structure conducive to the mandate of FET Colleges, with specific reference to the functional analysis conducted at NW FET Colleges [presentation]
• Latest developments and future expectations in terms of conditions of service at FET Colleges [presentation]
Click here to download all the presentations for Day One.
DAY TWO - 22 JULY 2011
• Collaboration between ETDP SETA and FET Colleges with the aim of improving prospects of lecturer development [presentation]
• Latest developments and future expectations fo FET College Curriculum and Programmes with specific reference to the review of current programme initiatives and plans for College lecturer development [presentation]
• Student Support Services, work placement opportunities for students
• Data Integrity, connectivity, FET College Business Management System, funding norms, budgeting and College strategic and operational plans [presentation]
• The Way Forward [presentation]
Click here to download all the presentations for Day Two
* LEKGOTLA is a South African term used to refer to a meeting place for village assemblies, court cases, and meetings of village leaders.
LEKGOTLA is a Sotho / Setswana word meaning courtyard or court.
<Back to Home Page